Introducing 100% Post-consumer Waste Labels


Available exclusively from Reflex now!

Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past couple of years, you’ll have noticed a huge shift in the printing and packaging world towards sustainability.

Reflex work relentlessly to ensure our 19 UK-based sites and manufacturing processes are as efficient and environmentally friendly as possible (check out our green story here) but also to ensure we offer our customers a wide range of choice when it comes to quality and cost-effective sustainable packaging solutions and materials.

One of the newest sustainable label options available exclusively to Reflex customers from Fenner Paper is a technically advanced, REACH compliant paper made from 100% post-consumer waste that would otherwise have ended up in landfill.

In the UK we send 15 million tonnes of rubbish from our homes to landfill every year causing huge problems for our environment and natural world. Electronic and building waste often contains toxic substances that pollute our soils and water sources, whilst the organic rubbish that biodegrades there generates dangerous levels of greenhouse gases. Closing the loop and avoiding landfill wherever possible helps to reduce some of these negative impacts.

Fully FSC® Certified, our 100% PCW paper is sourced from an sustainable closed-loop recycling plant and manufactured into PSL self-adhesive labels exclusively available for Reflex customers. The recycling plant then uses 60% of the de-inked by-product as a soil treatment and the remaining 40% in construction – absolutely nothing is wasted.

And if reducing carbon emissions through your supply chain is important, you might be interested to learn that manufacturing recycled paper requires less energy and less water, emitting significantly less CO2 than when compared to the manufacture of paper from wood.

As our 100% PCW paper is made from 100% recycled material the carbon emissions from the manufacturing process will be lower than buying traditional label materials. In addition, the mill that produces our 100% PCW label paper offsets all CO2 emissions with the World Land Trust. Win-win!

Investing in sustainable packaging and label solutions no longer means having to compromise on quality; the 100% PCW label paper offers a full wet strength and is alkali resistant – ideal for ice-bucket or refrigerated use.

Available in a choice of seven embossings including wove and ultra-smooth in substances from 70 to 90gsm. The calendered grade paper has the appearance of a coated stock but is completely latex-free.

100% post-consumer waste paper benefits

  • Made from 100% post-consumer waste that would otherwise have ended in landfill
  • FSC® Certified
  • Low CO2 emissions through the manufacturing process
  • REACH compliant
  • Available in a choice of 7 embossings including woven and ultra-smooth
  • Substances range from 70 to 90gsm

We’d love to chat with you about our recycled material options and packaging and label solutions, why not contact us and chat with one of our experts to find the right product for your business.


Any questions about what is featured in this post?

We’re always happy to answer any questions or enquiries you may have.

You May Also Like…